The Ethnic Heritage Council’s mission is sharing and preserving ethnic heritage to advance mutual understanding.
- Advance communication and understanding among ethnic communities
- Encourage and facilitate documentation of local ethnic histories and cultural heritage activities
- Maintain a clearinghouse of information concerning ethnic groups and their activities
- Sponsor and promote educational, cultural, and other exchanges among ethnic organizations and groups and the general public
- Provide assistance and support for ethnic non-profit organizations especially those groups seeking to establish themselves in the community, obtain grants and acquire tax-exempt status
- Organize ethnic and cultural events for the general public